What is Payroll Giving?
Payroll Giving is one of the most tax-effective methods of giving to charity.
- Payroll Giving enables employees to donate to charities as a pre-tax deduction from their salary;
- 8,000 UK employers currently offer Payroll Giving schemes and 1 million employees give regularly to good causes each pay day;
- Payroll Giving raised £155 million for good causes last year – an increase of £31 million on the previous year;
- Employers enhanced their employees’ giving by an additional £7.5 million last year
- Payroll Giving is a regular and stable income to charities which is extremely valuable