Introduction to Charitable Trading Arms
Is your charity feeling the pinch? You are not alone. Charities the length and breadth of Wales provide invaluable services to vulnerable people and disadvantaged communities, often as unsung heroes. But the effect of economic hardship and years of public spending austerity means that many Welsh charities face reductions in staffing, the prospect of rationing services and in some cases closure.
This free event will provide attendees with a thorough overview of the topic including:
- A strategic perspective from Social Business Wales: visioning the relationship of a trading arm to the charity’s aims and values; assessing and managing risk; and potential spin off benefits to the charity’s clients.
- Practical financial issues: an explanation of the VAT, tax and accounting issues from a specialist in the field.
- Feedback from charity leaders who have successfully established trading arms: the issues they faced, how these were resolved and the benefits to the charity.
- An opportunity to hear from the Social Business Growth Fund: how to access funding for charitable trading arms.
- Detailed information about Social Business Wales and the support available to help charities develop trading arms.
Date / Time / Venue:
Please click on the link below to find out more information and book your place:
- Thursday 2 March 2017, 1.00pm – 4.30pm, Glasdir, Plas yn Dre, Llanrwst LL26 0DF, http://bit.ly/2jTVLnu
- Wednesday 8 March 2017: 10.00am – 2:00pm, Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth SY23 3AN, http://bit.ly/2kiBxrf
- Thursday 9 March 2017: 10.00am – 2:00pm, CAIA Park Centre, Prince Charles Road, Wrexham, LL13 8TH, http://bit.ly/2lf426v
Lunch will be provided
Social Business Wales is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and Welsh Government – so for you it’s a free service. It’s delivered by the Wales Co-operative Centre as part of the Business Wales service. Find out more at www.businesswales.gov.wales/socialbusinesswales