Awareness and Prevention of Falls in Ceredigion Networking and Learning Event
Awareness and Prevention of Falls in Ceredigion
Networking and Learning Event
Monday 8th October 2018
9.30am – 3pm
Maes Mwldan, Cardigan
The aim of the workshop is to:
– Provide a greater understanding of the various types of falls prevention services in Ceredigion and how they interlink.
– Raise awareness of the national and regional campaign ‘Steady on Stay Safe’.
– Learn of existing and future research opportunities on falls.
Speakers from a number of organisations and services will explain their roles in falls prevention including:
– Falls Brief Intervention Training
– Safety in the Home – LA housing, Care and Repair, Fire Service
– Occupational Therapy services
– Safe and Steady Clinics
– Exercise referral and postural stability – Ceredigion Actif
– South Ceredigion Frailty services
– Pharmacy services
– Podiatry services
– Assistive technology in the home
– Ambulance services
– Aberystwyth University
– Third sector services role in falls prevention
Who should attend?
– Third sector
– Health, including primary care
– Social care
– Other community led services
– Anyone else interested
If you would like to attend, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAO Gaynor Toft
By the 1st October 2018
NB The event is a buy or bring your own lunch. A café is located in Maes Mwldan or cardigan town cafes/shops are nearby.