Fancy £1500 towards your community sport project?
Community Chest offers grant awards up to £1,500 in any 12 months towards:
- Increasing participation
- Improving standards
Who can apply?
Any group that holds an account (be it a Bank, Building Society or Credit Union account), in their organisation’s name. You’ll probably be one of the following:
- Sports Club or Association
- Youth Club
- Community Group
Please note, you will need to submit evidence that your organisation holds a valid account in its name with your application form, as failure to do so may delay your application from being assessed.
Who cannot apply?
- Primary / secondary schools arranging activities for their pupils
- Individual members of the public
- Local Authorities
- Organisations whose proposed project has already started.
In addition the following activities / project elements cannot be funded:
- Personal items of equipment or kit
- Catering and hospitality
- Medals, certificates and trophies
- Sports tours
- One-off events with no links to ongoing activities
- Day-to-day running costs
- Projects that have already started
- Projects where the activity takes place outside of Wales
- Insurance / League fees / affiliation / activities deemed part of the “core” business of the applicant
- Physical activities such as gardening, DIY, environmental improvements, performance dance or circus skills
- Maintenance, repair or replacement of current equipment or facilities (however consideration will be given to replace equipment that no longer complies with current legislation)
- Capital projects (projects that involve building or buying land)
- Financial support for individuals
How to apply
Community Chest is run in partnership with the 22 Local Authorities in Wales. To apply for a grant click on the “Apply Online” button on the right to access the Sport Wales Grants Portal, from there you can fill in the online Community Chest application form. When you submit your application it will be automatically emailed to the Local Authority that you indicate your project is taking place in, on the ‘About the Project’ page of the application form.
Throughout the application form, if you require more information or guidance about a section or question, click on the nearest blue question mark where some more information will be displayed.
When completing your application, please ensure you attach all requested documents, especially evidence of your organisation’s account (be it a Bank, Building Society or Credit Union account), so that the processing of your application is not delayed.
Following submission of your application form, you will be updated on its progress as it moves from stage to stage through the award process, via email.
Before applying, please read the 3 “Help” PDF documents, as they will give you an idea of what information is required as well as explain how to apply for a grant using the Sport Wales Grants Portal.
We have also developed a range of bilingual ‘How to’ videos to help you through your application process. These can be found on the Sport Wales YouTube channel. If after watching the videos you are still having issues then don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Finally, to check if your current internet browser is one that is supported and capable of using our online Grant Application system, click here to check your browser’s compatibility.
If you’re not sure if Community Chest is for you, or you require any help with completing the form, please contact either the Sports Development Team at your Local Authority or your local County Voluntary Councils.
NB: Please note that Sport Wales are a distributor of National Lottery funding.