Mapping research exercise
The Community Cohesion Team in Mid and South West Wales have identified a need to undertake a community mapping exercise focusing on the impact that Brexit may have upon our communities. The results of this mapping project will inform the work of the Community Cohesion Team across the four counties of Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion and Powys. It is anticipated that this community mapping will provide an evidence base, identifying potential community hotspots, tensions and issues particularly linked to the impact of Brexit.
The aims of this research are to:
- Provide an understanding of the impact that Brexit is having on community cohesion in the Mid and South West Wales region (Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion and Powys);
- Work with organisations and networks in the four Local Authority areas (Community Safety Partnerships, PSB, Equalities networks etc) to develop links into communities.
- Explore the composition of the communities in the region, reflecting demographics, social and cultural factors;
- Identify key issues and areas of community tensions
- Identify practical strategies for improving community cohesion in the region.
Currently the plan is to hold four focus groups per county (these focus groups will be formed from specific community groups such as members of the refugee community, people from certain age groups, veterans, EU citizens etc and also four individual interviews per county – which will held with professionals working directly with communities and the public such as police officers, teachers, community leaders etc. This later area (focus groups) is where we are seeking your assistance in gaining some recommendations of relevant community leaders. We are hoping to form a good range of professionals who may work in different areas of the community.
Community Cohesion Officer / (Ceredigion & Powys)
Carmarthenshire County Council
Department for Communities
Based in – Ceredigion County Council, Penmorfa, Aberaeron, Ceredigion SA46 0PA
Phone: 01545 574167 ext: 4167 / 07580450012