Ceredigion Association of Voluntary Organisations

Project Viability Grants

Project Viability Grants (PVG) are to fund studies to look at potential uses for a building and at its current condition, and produce a Viability Report to a standard template.

Who can apply

To apply for a grant you must be a formally constituted charity or social enterprise whose members have limited liability. This includes:

  • Unincorporated charities (for Project Viability Grants only)
  • Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs)
  • Charitable Companies Limited by Guarantee
  • Charitable Community Benefit Societies
  • Community Benefit Societies
  • Not-for-private-profit Companies Limited by Guarantee
  • Community Interest Companies (CICs) Limited by Guarantee
  • Parish and Town Councils; Community Councils (in Scotland and Wales)

If your organisation is not a registered charity then it must have an asset lock in place. This is a provision in the governing document to protect its assets. It means that if the organisation is wound up any assets must be transferred to a similar not-for-profit organisation (another asset-locked body) once creditors have been paid. 

Applicant organisations must have the powers necessary to undertake a project involving the acquisition and conversion of a historic building – i.e. specific powers within the governing document to acquire and own property, raise funds, borrow money and enter into contracts. Priority will be given to grant applicants that are willing to consider loan finance as a means of delivering the project. 

We welcome applications from organisations working in partnership, including joint applications from voluntary sector groups with commercial partners. A not for-profit organisation must be nominated as the lead applicant. You must provide a signed partnership agreement indicating the involvement of each partner and how the project will be managed.

In exceptional cases we will accept applications from third parties applying on behalf of unincorporated organisations but normally the organisation applying for a grant must be the one intending to carry out the building’s repair and conversion  to new use.

For more information please click here