The CTA works to support its members in Continue reading
The Cardigan Town Rider operates Continue reading
Who we are ?
The Ystwyth Community Transport Group is Continue reading
Llangrannog & District Community Transport Group was
Every day the Royal Voluntary Service helps thousands of older people to live the life they want. We provide practical services in homes, in hospitals and in communities all across the country. Volunteers are vital to the work of the Royal Voluntary Service, without them they would simply not exist. Our volunteers come from all walks of life, men and women, young and old, and they give up their time to help wherever possible.
The Ceredigion ‘Good Neighbours scheme’ provides an individual, befriending service to older people living locally in Ceredigion. The scheme has been running for a short time, and the Royal Voluntary Service has appointed Steve Cadwallader-Jones as the service manager for Good Neighbours in Ceredigion. He is responsible for developing the scheme, and is currently looking to recruit volunteers who will be willing to give up some of their time to help support elderly people in their locality.
Steve was keen to stress that “Good Neighbours can be much more than just providing practical help or popping in for a chat, it can keep elderly people connected with their local community, and build confidence”
Good Neighbours recognises that everyone has different needs so we provide support that is tailor made to suit individual’s needs, it can include such things as:-
- Popping to the shops with you or without to get your shopping
- Taking you to get prescriptions or getting your pension
- Regular telephone chats
- Helping you with a hobby
- Arranging delivery of books, DVD’s and meals
- Enjoying your company and a chat with regular visits
- Help you attend local clubs, groups and activities
- Going to the pub
- Attending church
- Taking you to visit family and friends
and many more…
Royal Voluntary Service, Ceredigion Service Manager. Good Neighbour Scheme
Office: 01597 824931 / Fax: 01597 822687 / Mobile: 07725 633030
Community Transport (CT) meets the transport needs of the communities in Ceredigion where these needs are not or cannot be adequately met by public and/or commercial transport. Continue reading
Community Transport is a term used to describe a service, or network of services, that can provide essential journeys for those who have difficulty accessing transport. This may be due to mobility issues or through a lack, or limited availability, of transport operating in certain areas, i.e. rural localities.
Community and voluntary organisations need up to date advice on available grants and funding sources to start new projects or to keep existing services going. CAVO Development Team can provide a free advice and information services, which include:
- Identifying potential founders
- Support in making funding applications
- Share best practices in monitoring and evaluation
- Assistance in appraising a need for a new project or service
- Developing funding strategies
Good governance is good management. in order to manage an organisation well you need to follow good governance, this does not need to be daunting. CAVO Development Team can offer support to new or established organizations in Ceredigion to make sure that your initiative is a success by:
- Conducting a governance health check
- Provide model policies
- Make the connections with other people or organisations and learn from their experiences
- Put you in touch with other support agencies who may be able to provide additional support.
Becoming more financially sustainable, by generating your own income through increased trading or contractual work and less dependent on grant funding is crucial for community and voluntary organisations. Under the Enterprising Communities project CAVO can provide practical support to third sector organisations in Ceredigion, which induces:
- Organisational structures and management
- Implementing quality assurance systems
- Help to identify new ways of generating income
- Provide case studies on social enterprises in Ceredigion
Continuance development of your skills and knowledge is importance if you new to or been involved in the third sector for many years in order to ensure the growth of the sector in Ceredigion. CAVO can offer:
- A programme of training,
- Bespoke training,
- Help to identify appropriate training provided by other support agencies in our region.