Details about the launch of a new £23.7 million programme supporting the prosperity and rejuvenation of the UK's coastal towns.
Deadline of 30th March 2012.
Details about the launch of a new £23.7 million programme supporting the prosperity and rejuvenation of the UK's coastal towns have been announced by the Government today.Expression of Interest for the Coastal Communities Fund will be invited from early March with a deadline of 30th March 2012.
The Coastal Communities Fund (CCF) will support the economic development of coastal communities by promoting sustainable economic growth and jobs, so that people are better able to respond to the changing economic needs and opportunities of their area.
Grants of between £50,000 and £2 million will be provided through the scheme. The funds can be used to support both capital and revenue projects and communities will be encouraged to match funds with other pots of money.
Examples of activities that may be eligible for funding include:
- supporting skills and training initiatives to improve job prospects;
- maintaining and developing specialised tourist infrastructure;
- managing and adapting to flood and coastal erosion risk;
- supporting social enterprises to bring new economic opportunities and jobs;
- offering apprenticeships to school leavers;
- creating new workspaces to support and grow local economies;
- boosting local approaches to promoting enterprise and economic regeneration;
- supporting sustainable transport improvements.
Innovative bids will be welcomed from businesses, social enterprises, local enterprise partnerships, charities and local authorities supporting the economic development of the community.
Expressions of Interest will be invited from early March with a deadline of 30 March 2012.
For further details click onto www.communities.gov.uk
To read the Coastal Communities Fund Prospectus click here