Long Wood Community Woodland
Temporary: Woodland Warden, Volunteer Coordinator. (Covering maternity leave.)
Job Title: Warden – Responsible to Operations Manager
Salary: £9.35 per hour
Hours: 8 hours, 1 day per week (Wednesday) paid monthly in arrears.
Duration: 6 months temporary contract, beginning October 14th, 2020 ending April 14th, 2021.
This temporary position is cover for the present post holder who is taking maternity leave.
The group of volunteers is already established and works on various projects on a Wednesday. The
successful candidate will oversee and actively participate with volunteers and their engagement with the
Long Wood Community Woodland are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and skilled individual to:
• work with a diverse group of volunteers
• keep records of volunteer participation
• keep confidential volunteer records up-to-date
• participate in planning ongoing woodland projects for the volunteers.
The Directors are seeking someone who:
• has woodland and practical experience
• is able to teach practical skills and tool use
• has experience in working with vulnerable adults
• has an outgoing, approachable personality
• has a current DBS check
• has a driving license.
It is desirable that the applicant:
• has experience in writing Risk Assessments
• has a current First Aid Certificate (If not this can be organised through Long Wood.)
• is a Welsh speaker.
Application is by CV and a Personal Statement of not more than 500 words.
The closing date for applications is 27th September 2020; interviews will be held the following week.
Please email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post, marked: Confidential, FAO The Directors, Canolfan Gymunedol Long Wood, Llanfair
Clydogau, Lampeter, Ceredigion, Wales, SA48 8NE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.