Night Projects Worker
The main objectives of the post will be:
To operate as part of a team in delivering an effective customer focused rooflessness and resettlement and Emergency Accommodation service. To be active in promoting and fostering effective working relationships with service users, colleagues and outside agencies with a view to enhancing the reputation of the organisation.
The Night Projects Worker will work under the direction of the Night Shelter and Emergency Accommodations Manager in carrying out the following tasks:
- To maintain accurate objective records, including keeping an accurate log of all events occurring during the shift in the daily log book (and to debrief the project manager when possible)
- To carry out planned sweeps of the accommodations, checking for health and safety concerns, excess noise and disturbances, and to deal with such matters in conjunction with colleagues.
- To utilise the nightly on call service whenever necessary
- To follow any requests or instructions noted in the daily log from the Project Manager.
- To keep fully informed of Organisational information and development through communication channels available.
- To maintain strong working relationships with other teams within The Care Society.
- To comply with all relevant Organisational Policies (as published in the Policies Handbook found in the Cambrian Street office).
- To report any damage or fault to the appropriate authorities.
- To assist Shelter Users and/or residents with queries and to ‘signpost’ them to the relevant agencies if necessary.
- To carry out cleaning duties as and when required.
- To participate in scheduled supervisions throughout the year
- To represent The Care Society positively and professionally at all times.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required
To apply for this job please visit caresociety.org.uk>.