Night Support Worker
The main objectives of the post will be:
To work as part of a team alongside the Night Projects Workers and the daytime Support & Outreach Workers under the direction of the Support Team Manager, in line with Social Services Supporting People funding criteria.
You will provide a one to one support to individuals being housed under Emergency Accommodation and Night Shelter licences, based on individual support plans. This will entail providing a variety of practical help and support over the period of each service users stay, to promote successful future tenancies, safety and well-being, independent healthy living and integration into the community.
To work under the direction of the Support Team Manager in carrying out the following tasks:
- To ensure each emergency accommodation and night shelter service user has a written personal support plan that addresses individual support needs, or details of the aspects of outreach/ befriending delivered to specific individuals.
- To ensure as much as possible that support is carried out in a structured manner as per supporting people criteria.
- To ensure that the personal support plan is regularly reviewed, as recommended, and that any actions to be undertaken are done so with the full agreement of the service user.
- To ensure that all support and outreach notes are written up, signed and filed at the end of each session and that each support file contains all relevant information as required by Supporting people.
- To support and work alongside the project workers, providing both practical and physical help
- To develop a weekly programme of activities and events in conjunction with service users and staff, including house meetings where ideas in relation to activities can be brought up and discussed
- To pursue service user feedback opportunities within the projects
- To work and communicate effectively with all relevant partner agencies, both statutory and voluntary, to ensure a co-ordinated approach to service delivery.
- To undertake risk assessments for all clients if not already available.
- To prepare reports as directed by the Support Team Manager or Senior Management.
- To inform the Team Managers of any issues that may require policy decisions.
- Maintain effective electronic and paper-based office information systems and organised records.
- Manage personal mileage and expenses, if relevant, to be scrutinised on a monthly basis by the Support Team Manager and other relevant staff.
- To participate in any scheduled supervisions and team meetings.
- To operate within the Society’s overall Vision, Mission Statement, policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to ensure the projects run efficiently and effectively.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com