Rural Communities Officer
37 hours / Fixed-Term
24,313 – 26,317 *
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Rural Community Officer to join our busy Economy and Regeneration Service on a fixed term, full time basis, based at our Aberaeron office.
This is an exciting role within the service providing the opportunity to inspire, support and develop a culture of entrepreneurial LEADER activity across Ceredigion
On a day to day basis you will:
- engage with individuals, communities and businesses to better understand and respond to their developmental needs so that ideas can be turned into deliverable projects.
- facilitate and support the development of LEADER projects with potential applicants, taking projects through the Cynnal y Cardi Local Action Group selection and appraisal panel.
- provide ongoing mentoring, advice and guidance.
- develop and implement monitoring systems to ensure compliance of Rural Development Plan LEADER projects with both financial and contractual output requirements.
- prepare monitoring information on a regular basis.
We are looking to recruit an individual with:
- enthusiasm and commitment to community work in a creative way.
- experience of engaging with communities, businesses, social enterprises, third sector, higher education and the public sector, with an ability to build good relationships.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to for constructive working relationships with other agencies and community groups.
- experience of participative rural community development;
- successful track record of project delivery; and an
- understanding of issues facing rural communities and rural businesses.
Interviews will take place week commencing 16/3/2020.
This post is funded through the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is funded by the Welsh Government and the European Union.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ceredigion.gov.uk.