The Council of the Wales Federation of YFC is inviting interested companies / individuals to quote
for the work of supporting the organisations recovery from Covid-19 by undertaking an
organisational review and the development of a three year strategic business plan.
It is expected that the project will take six months to complete, starting on the 1st April, 2021.
The Wales Federation of YFC (Young Farmers’ Clubs) is a bilingual, voluntary youth organisation,
operating throughout Wales to seek the needs of rural young people through a variety of training,
educational and social programmes.
This role has been created following the support of the Cultural Recovery Fund through the Welsh
Government to support the recovery of the organisation throughout Wales, following the Covid-19
The organisation works with just under 5,000 young people, all aged between 10 and 26 years of
age, through a network of 12 regional federations and 157 YFC clubs.
In its simplest terms the purpose of this review is to review the governance, resources and future
direction of the movement and to produce a report outlining recommendations that would need to
be implemented to ensure that it is ‘Fit for the Future’.
The successful contractor will be required to deliver on each of the following requirements.
i) The completion of an organisation wide governance review, taking into account the views
and aspirations of the YFC at all levels of delivery including Wales, county federations and
clubs throughout the country. This could involve some face to face conversations, and
j) Develop a report which could form the basis of a Strategic Business Plan for the Wales
Federation of YFC, which will complement the findings of the organisational review.
k) Undertake a staffing review and produce a report recommending a structure that is ‘Fit for
the Future’ to ensure that the movement is well placed to deliver on its objectives.
l) Develop Job descriptions and Person Specifications, suitable for any roles identified.
m) Meet with YFC members, staff, volunteers and partners to understand the current structure
of the organisation and with them research the opportunities and threats facing the future
of the organisation.
n) The ability to present and deliver on all aspects of the project bilingually through the
mediums of English and Welsh.
o) Develop an effective reporting model to measure impact and performance against the
Strategic Business Plan.
p) Any other role supporting the reviews as agreed by the Chair of Personnel and Remuneration
and Chair of Wales YFC.
INDIVIDUAL / COMPANY SPECIFICATION
Knowledge, training, Experience and qualifications
- A track record of successful delivery of projects of a similar nature, preferably within the youth
work or third sector.
- An appropriate qualification in project management.
- IT literate and fully conversant with all basic Microsoft packages.
- A knowledge and understanding of the Wales Federation of YFC and its objectives.
Skills and attributes
- Vision, strategic insight and intellectual capability to understand the environment in which the
Wales Federation of YFC is operating and needs to operate in future, and to mould the strategic
business plan accordingly.
- Highly effective leadership skills with the ability to adapt style to circumstances.
- Experience of working and communicating with young people and leading facilitation.
- Ability to manage and deliver a complex and diverse workload.
- Interpersonal and influencing skills; able to develop and maintain strong working relationships,
within the YFC and also with external partners.
- The ability to work to one’s own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- Analytical skills, able to drive and implement strategic plans effectively to required timescales.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to cope with, and resolve, conflict.
- The ability to maintain professional boundaries at all times.
- The ability to communicate confidently in Welsh and English is essential.
The successful contractor will required to complete a successful DBS check before commencing the
The successful contractor will work with the Chair of Wales YFC and Chair of Personnel and
Remuneration committee to develop the specification further if required.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.