If you know a volunteer who has carried out exceptional work in their community which has made a real difference to others or themselves, then why not nominate them for this prestigious award? There are five categories for nominations which are:
Tried Something New Award
New to volunteering? Got involved with your community for the first time? Learnt a new skill through volunteering? Do you know such a person that helps others that you would like to thank?
Young Shining Star Award
Aged between 14 – 25? Would you like to recognise the contribution of a young person who volunteers in your community and makes a real difference to the work of an organisation? Have they gone above and beyond what is expected of them?
Kind Beyond Words Award
Do you know an individual that has given that something special to others? Been so kind? Gone above and beyond words? Are they volunteering within an organisation or give their time in the community informally? This your chance to say thanks, nominate them!
Working Together Award
Are you a community or a group of volunteers that have come together to help others during this last year? Did you come together in response to the need of your community? Have you worked together to make life better for your community?
Volunteer Coordinator of the Year Award – Open to those in volunteer management roles, either paid or unpaid.
Do you know someone that inspires volunteers? Gives that something extra to volunteers? Raises the profile of volunteers and volunteering? Has enabled volunteers to fulfil their potential through volunteering? Do you know a Volunteer co-ordinator that you want to give a special thanks to?
Rules of the Award Scheme
• Nominations must be received by August 16th 2021
• Nominees must be volunteering in Ceredigion
• Permission must be sought from the nominee.
• Winners will be announced by CAVO on 5th October 2021 – Be Nice Day.
• Photographs and information regarding their volunteering may be used for publicity purposes.
• An independent panel of judges consisting of CAVO staff, trustees and representatives of the voluntary sector will make the final decision on winning entries.
• Volunteers cannot be nominated by themselves or a family member.
• Nominees may only be nominated for one category.