Mind Our Future is a £10 million grant programme to put young people in the lead so that they can imagine and create a more resilient and mentally healthy future for young people in Wales.
Its focus and aims have been co-designed with the Young People in the Lead Team, a team of young people from across Wales.
Watch our Young People in the Lead video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytqsQRVWJE.
The aims of the programme are to empower young people to:
- create and implement a vision for a more resilient and mentally healthy future for young people in their community
- design and develop new solution-focussed approaches to young people’s mental health and resilience, with a focus on:
- addressing mental health inequalities that were highlighted and made worse by the COVID-19 pandemic
- designing new ways to prevent mental health problems from developing or getting worse, and ensure young people get the right support at the right time, wherever they turn for help
- strengthening young people’s long-term access to resilience assets in their lives and communities
- bringing lasting changes that increase the ability of systems and/or communities to build young people’s resilience and tackle the root causes of mental health problems and adversity.
Who’ll benefit from the funding?
You have the flexibility to decide on your own approach to what types of groups of young people you’ll work with through this grant.
This might involve you working with:
- a specific age range of young people
- young people who are in a specific location
- young people who share a specific characteristic – for example, sexual orientation, ethnic background or experience of the care system.
Suitable for: Third sector and public sector organisations working in partnerships
Funding size: No maximum grant amount
Total available: £10 million
Application deadline: 29 November 2021. You should contact us no later than 30 September 2021 to discuss your proposal and request an application form.
For more information go to website: www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/programmes/mind-our-future
To apply get in touch on 0300 123 0735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.