The Burns Price Foundation has launched an initiative to give access to £100 starter grants to young people aged 11-19 to work on STEAM (science, tech, engineering, art, math) related projects that help them gain new skills and also create a positive benefit to their community.
The Change-Makers Initiative grant scheme is giving £100 in mini-grants to young people who can then claim up to £5000 in grants later on.
Visit the website for more info: https://burnspricefoundation.org.uk/the-change-makers-initiative
Here is the story of our very first Change-Maker.
To give you an example of the sort of projects young people can apply for:
- inviting scientists to talk to young people about their research
- partnering with companies offering digital work experience opportunities to young people
- creating an art show featuring engineers and their journey into their field
- organizing a science fair with your school
- starting an after school math club
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org