Knowledge Hub gives voluntary organisations in Wales easy access to a range of online information, networking and learning.
Third Sector Support Wales partners have launched a new bank of online information and learning resources for the voluntary sector in Wales. Continue reading
Tuesday 27 October, 2pm – 3pm
Delivered through the medium of English
To provide a summary of the latest updates and changes in charity law and governance and how they could effect your organisation. Continue reading
Tuesday, 20 October 2020 12 pm – 1 pm
Working in partnership with the British Deaf Association, Deaf Hub (Wales) are offering any community groups/organisations that are working Continue reading
Recruitment, selection and retention of Volunteers Continue reading
Learn more about how New Quay took over Continue reading
Community Transport is a term used to describe a service, or network of services, that can provide essential journeys for those who have difficulty accessing transport. This may be due to mobility issues or through a lack, or limited availability, of transport operating in certain areas, i.e. rural localities.
Community and voluntary organisations need up to date advice on available grants and funding sources to start new projects or to keep existing services going. CAVO Development Team can provide a free advice and information services, which include:
- Identifying potential founders
- Support in making funding applications
- Share best practices in monitoring and evaluation
- Assistance in appraising a need for a new project or service
- Developing funding strategies
Good governance is good management. in order to manage an organisation well you need to follow good governance, this does not need to be daunting. CAVO Development Team can offer support to new or established organizations in Ceredigion to make sure that your initiative is a success by:
- Conducting a governance health check
- Provide model policies
- Make the connections with other people or organisations and learn from their experiences
- Put you in touch with other support agencies who may be able to provide additional support.
Becoming more financially sustainable, by generating your own income through increased trading or contractual work and less dependent on grant funding is crucial for community and voluntary organisations. Under the Enterprising Communities project CAVO can provide practical support to third sector organisations in Ceredigion, which induces:
- Organisational structures and management
- Implementing quality assurance systems
- Help to identify new ways of generating income
- Provide case studies on social enterprises in Ceredigion
Continuance development of your skills and knowledge is importance if you new to or been involved in the third sector for many years in order to ensure the growth of the sector in Ceredigion. CAVO can offer:
- A programme of training,
- Bespoke training,
- Help to identify appropriate training provided by other support agencies in our region.