Free courses to help community groups act on the nature crisis!
12th Hydref 2021 - 1st Chwefror 2022
**Mae’r erthygl hon wedi’i chyflwyno i CAVO yn uniaith Saesneg.** **This article has been submitted to CAVO in English only.**
Are you a member of a community group or voluntary organisation? Would you like to take part in a free new scheme to help protect and restore nature? Then this course could be for you! Nabod Natur – Nature Wise is an online training programme which teaches you about how the natural environment works, the threats it faces, and how we can all help nature thrive. As part of the course we will help you to develop an action plan, using your knowledge for the benefit of wildlife and habitats in your local area and beyond. During the course you will learn about:
- How ecosystems and species function, and the relationships between them
- About the essential role nature plays in providing us with services and materials
- How the natural world is changing and the threats it faces, what protections are in place, and how you can use these to influence decision-makers
- What you can do to protect and restore nature – either on your own or as part of a group
- How to motivate and inspire others to act
The course is interactive. Attendees will work in small groups and also take part in group discussions to explore course topics.
Who should apply?
Thanks to funding from the Coop Foundation, these courses are available to any member of a voluntary organisation or community group in Wales (staff and volunteers). We are particularly keen to hear from non-environmental organisations. More Information