Bilingualism at Work – English Medium
November 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
This session is delivered through the medium of English. The Welsh medium session can be found here.
This FREE session, run by the Welsh Language Commissioner’s Hybu Team, will enable you to develop your organisation’s use of the Welsh language. It will provide you with information, research and practical advice to aid in planning for increasing your organisation’s Welsh language provision.
What’s the role of the Welsh language within the third sector? How is it relevant to you, your organisation and your service users? How can you plan to ensure you meet the needs of your audience? We will share practical ideas you can get started on straight away to increase your Welsh medium provision. In this training session you will look at the advantages of the Welsh language, historical and current language context, the support available from the Welsh Language Commissioner and practical planning to develop your Welsh language provision.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Understand the historical and contemporary Welsh language context
- Understand the legislative and public policy situation in Wales
- Understand the relevance of the Welsh language to your customers and service users
- Describe the advantages of the Welsh language within the third sector
- Identify and use the support and advice available, free of charge, from the Welsh Language Commissioner and others
For more information or to register for the session visit the WCVA website.